Benthos Rubra is a speargun with a classic head design that bands pass through a hole. In fact, Benthos Spearguns incorporates a single band for every hole.
Μade out of a 4-laminate stock.
By having the fin tabs, at the back end of the shaft, at the same distance between them, as the distance between the holes of the bands, the length of pull of all bands is exactly the same. This, does not only helps when you are tying your own ones, but also maximizes their potential.
By having a dedicated hole for every band, a precise guidance can be accomplished. This means that the bands do not rub on the fuselage or between them at any point throughout their travel. This has a great impact on the speed of the shaft, which is common in all Benthos Spearguns. Shooting with a Benthos Speargun is a whole new experience!
Rubra Series (through-hole bands only)
Benthos Rubra, the predecessor of Draco Series. Same general characteristics, except for the head. Rubra Series, have only through holes for bands. For those who desire the classical design in a top-quality package.
It comes in three different lengths: Rubra 110, Rubra 115 and 125.
Length of pull: 112cm
Total stock length: 136cm
Shaft overhang: 19cm
Equipped with 2*16mm bands and 7mm*140cm single flopper shaft
Length of pull: 117cm
Total stock length: 141cm
Shaft overhang: 17cm
Equipped with 3*14mm bands and 7mm*150cm single flopper shaft
Length of pull: 127cm
Total stock length: 151cm
Shaft overhang: 17cm
Equipped with 3*16mm bands and 7.5mm*160cm single flopper shaft
- All Benthos Spearguns are made out of Burma Teak of the finest quality, carefully selected.
- All Benthos Spearguns come with the shaft and bands as standard.
- Benthos Spearguns mechanism accepts ALL European shafts and most others.
- All stainless-steel parts are made out of AISI 316.
- Benthos Spearguns wishbones come as standard.
- ALL Benthos Spearguns come with a shooting precision warranty. At 75% of their maximum shooting range i.e., 75% of the length of the free line, they can deliver a concentration of shots of less than 5cm (2”), at a distance of less than 5cm (2”) from the center of the target.
- ALL Benthos Spearguns components are made in-house, in our facilities in Volos, Greece.